Saturday, April 11, 2009

I'm going turtle huntin'

And I know absolutely zilch about turtles! So this ought to be fun. I know my title is misleading as I am actually going to a pet store to get Sir Turtle. He is going to join a lovely family (well maybe). That depends on whose eyes you are looking thru.! lol!

Sir Turtle will be joining the Smith Family of 4, plus one Lola, plus two Puppies (Murphy and Ralphie). Now I have to explain a little about the Smith Family of four. They have just moved in with Lola (grandmother) with their pets because their house was just not big enough for all of them. Now Murphy and Ralphie aren't really puppies but the Little Miss Smith calls them that. In fact she calls any and all dogs puppies since at the age of almost two, she doesn't know the difference.

Now over the last couple of years Murphy who just happens to be a big black Lab has calmed down and quit eating the house. He kinda of reminds me of Marley, (Marley and Me) only black.
Ralphie on the other hand is still chewing. But you gotta love a Yorkie that will sit next to you and put his paws on your shoulder and gaze lovingly into your eyes. I'm a sucker, sure! lol!

So now I know where they live and who they are and I am trying to figure out where they are going to put Sir Turtle. I have heard rumors that they need a fish tank, rocks, a heat lamp and who knows what else. I also have been informed that I need to buy a book for Sir Turtles new owner. That owner would be Almost Eight Smith.

Now, I am rather proud of Almost Eight Smith. He is my grandson but he is not like all the rest of the grandchildren. He stands out from the rest. I'm not sure if that is good or bad. Actually he could be a whole story to himself, but another day for that. But Almost Eight Smith is very intelligent and reads at an eighth grade level (comprehends also) and he will read that Turtle book from top to bottom and then some! My main concern is that Sir Turtle doesn't get chewed up by the Puppies.

So I sit here with my coffee this morning, watching the sun come up and thinking how pretty it is out there. We have had rain for two days and I sure am glad to dry out. Now if my basement only will! lol! After the stores open this morning, I am making Sir Turtle my first priority. I mustn't disappoint Almost Eight Smith! He is having his first communion Sunday, so this shall be a busy weekend for him.

Oh, and just for the record, I'm not Lola!

1 comment:

myra said...

EVERLASTING

Selling Planet Earth in Exchange for a Utopia? What’s the Catch?

Humans sold planet Earth for peace, but little did they know peace would come at such a high cost.

A long time ago, Humanity sold planet Earth to a group called the Evers in order to gain peace and a virtual utopia for themselves and for future generations. However, the cost of this paradise turns out to be too much for some to deal with and the humans soon find themselves ruled cruelly by the very beings who offered them salvation and at one point given them so much hope.

Humans that were originally treated with high regards, made to feels special, are now being treated as animals, some humiliated and shipped away to some unknown fate…each being told what they could or could not do, under the guise of it being in humanities best interest.

With a feeling of dread, a small group declares war on the more advanced Evers in hopes of returning things to the way they should be…to the way they had been. John and his make-shift crew of humans and hybrids (half human/half Ever) must not only find a way to break free of the mistakes of the past and find out the disturbing secrets that the Evers have hidden away, but they must also deal with their own personal issues and learn to live, grow, and deal with each others’ emotional issues of love, regret and fear.

Will man give up youth and perfect health to live in the past? And will John take the chance of restoring Earth to its former state even though there’s a good chance his life-threatening disease can return?

Publisher’s Web site: www.eloquentbooks.com/Everlasting.html
I'd like you to think about selling my book. Everlasting in your shop. Everlasting